Underground ofrece cursos de inglés para público de todas las edades además de cursos de conversación para adultos y preparación para exámenes internacionales.
1. Tom _ _ English.
2. _ _ there a restaurant near her?
3. I didn't _ _ TV last night.
4. Look! The bus _ _ .
5. I've never _ _ to England.
6. _ _ to go out to an Italian restaurant tonight?.
7. To get to the Post Office, _ _ at the end of this road.
8. Excuse me, _ _ time please?
9. Dubai has _ _ building in the world.
10. I think I've got a cold, I can't stop _ _.
11. My parents _ _ married since 1985.
12. Hurry up or we'll _ _ our train!
13. You're from New York, _ _?
14. I don't know many people _ _ still smoke nowadays.
15. My mother _ _ me to buy some tea.
New York City is of the largest cities in world. It is also one of the most densely populated , with an estimated 8 million inhabitants. Manhattan is the popular part of New York with tourists and has many interesting sights. There is also a large number businesses in this area of the city , including the head offices of some of the world's leading companies. New York's subway system provides transport for more a third of the city's workforce.
New York is also regarded the centre of entertainment. Broadway is the scene of many box-office hits, Carnegie Hall is one of the most famous concert halls in the world and the city is also home of several opera and ballet companies.
With choice of food, entertainment and social life than other city , it is wonder that people flock to New York to experience life in the Big Apple.
17. I wish I _ _ get up early every morning!
18. You should _ _ my advice!
19. How much time do you spend _ _ English?
20. You should _ _ for directions if you're lost.
21. Are you going to the cafe? _ _ with you.
22. A lot of products _ _ in China.
23. What is this _ _ in English? I can't remember.
24. If I _ _ earlier, I wouldn't have been late for work.
25. By 2020 I think we will _ _ a settlement on Mars.
26. There were _ _ of people at the football match on Friday.
27. Do you fancy _ _ away for the weekend?
28. _ _to bring your passport. You'll need it at the airport.
29. Mark: I've had a headache for three days.
Sue: _ _ to the doctors.
30. There are so many people off sick we'll have to put the meeting _ _ until next week.
31. Where's your car today? It _ _ repaired.
32. If the people on the ship _ _ him, he would have drowned.
33. The journey _ _ much longer than I had expected.
34. He didn't enjoy studying abroad as he had _ _ friends there.
35. There's _ _ in applying for the job. I'm not qualified for it.
When we think about how the world has changed our great-grandparents' time, it's important to take account how the world of transportation has changed . Of course, people complain traffic nowadays, but even in the past people to think that the roads were dangerous. When cars were a new invention, a man walk in front of them with a red flag, warning everybody else. Now, of course, we have used to them.
Another thing that we don't find strange more is the variety of products we have in our shops. When we go to our local supermarket, we can find tea China , bananas from South America and radios from Japan. All these products
to be transported. day, goods are moved from one part of the world to
by all kinds of means of transport.
37. Please remain seated _ _ the plane has come to a complete standstill.
38. It's _ _ to go climbing alone.
39. Chen's looking forward _ _ his new job next week.
40. It's almost midnight. He _ _ be coming now!
41. The car _ _ start this morning, so I was late for work.
42. You _ _ be really excited about your trip to Germany.
43. It looks _ _ it's going to rain.
44. The new GPS is _ _. I don't know how we managed without it before.
45. I wish I _ _ more at college. I'd have a better job now!
46. I was _ _ when I heard I'd got the job.
47. My manager _ _ on excellent punctuality at all times.
48. We have been _ _ that a new training centre should be built.
49. It's important that everyone in the group _ _ each other.
50. Pablo denied _ _ the money.
51. There were _ _ of people at the football match on Friday.
52. There is _ _ traffic in Bangkok.
Gap year is the used to describe the year that some students take off before to university. Gap years are quite popular in many countries, the UK, Australia and Germany. There are a variety of options
for people who are thinking of taking a gap year. One is to the year travelling around the world. possibility is to spend the year at home getting work experience. A third option is to do volunteer work, at home or abroad.
In 2003, Sam Cooke chose this option and travelled to Ecuador to provide tuition in basic literacy for underprivileged children. "It was a wonderful experience and it really helped me mature".
However, Sam warns it's not for everyone. "Voluntary work is certainly not an easy option and before you go you should make you are properly informed about the living conditions you will find there. Young people need to ask themselves they'll be able to put with these conditions for a whole year."
Username or email address *
Lost your password?